NFL 2019 Mock Draft by Matt Koontz: This mock draft will have trades mocked in the early rounds because the late round trades are unpredictable. I will have some small analysis behind the 1st round picks and then just the picks moving forward. Enjoy.
1. Arizona Cardinals: Quinnen Williams (DL) Alabama: I have Williams as a top 2 talent in this draft. He is the Cardinals biggest need and I 100% believe Kyler Murray to the Cardinals has been a smoke screen.
2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa (DE) Ohio State: Bosa is a drama queen with a horrible ego. Bosa has a whole lot of talent but he is injury prone and a selfish player. The 49ers like him though and will roll the dice on him.
3. Washington Redskins (via Projected trade with the Jets): Kyler Murray (QB) Oklahoma: The Redskins lost their QB to a brutal broken leg and he will be gone for this season. Alex will be turning 35 a couple weeks after the draft and will be 36 coming off a nasty broken leg before he returns. The Skins need to go get a QB or be buried in their division. Kyler is in my opinion the 3rd best QB in this draft but he is seen as the best so if he is there at 3 they will make this move to get him.
4. Oakland Raiders: Josh Allen (EDGE) Kentucky: The Raiders traded away their pass rusher last year with Khalil Mack going to Chicago. Josh Allen is my top pass rusher. This kid is a monster and if he is there at 4 and the Raiders pass on him then Mayock and Gruden have failed this organization further.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White (LB) LSU: The Bucs lost Kwon Alexander and will need to replace him. Devin White is the best way to do that as he has the talent to be an immediate impact player in the NFL. This pick makes a whole ton of sense.
6. New York Giants: Montez Sweat (EDGE) Mississippi State: Sweat has “health” issues, but he has a lot of talent and the Giants have admitted they love a pass rusher at 6 and this is the best available at 6. I would love to see Sweat with the Giants.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jawaan Taylor (OT) Florida: The Jaguars need to get some sort of offensive line for Foles. They also need to start protecting their ground game better and this pick will protect both. Taylor is the best offensive lineman in this draft.
8. Detroit Lions: TJ Hockenson (TE) Iowa: The Lions need secondary help and a tight end for Stafford to throw to. The corners aren’t good enough in this draft to attack this high so I believe they go with the best offensive weapon in this draft and take Hockenson off the board. As a Packers fan I would hate them having this pick.
9. Buffalo Bills: Ed Oliver (DT) Houston: My number 2 talent in this draft is sliding down the boards and Buffalo will not allow him to pass them here. Ed is going to be special for years to come and I believe he has the talent to be a hall of famer by the end of his career. I don’t think there should be an alternative pick but I stick with them for the whole first round.
10. Denver Broncos: Rashan Gary (DL) Michigan: The Broncos could really increase their pass rush success and putting Rashan Gary in the middle of the defensive line would be phenomenal for them. He could help stop the run game as well which is something they need.
11. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonah Williams (OL) Alabama: The Bengals need to open more holes for Joe Mixon and protect Dalton more than they have. The Bengals could go linebacker, but I believe Jonah is far too good to pass on.
12 Green Bay Packers: Devin Bush (LB) Michigan: The Packers have lost Clay Matthews and Jake Ryan. They need to get some help for Blake Martinez in the middle of this defense. Devin Bush is a phenomenal talent. I believe he is a must have in this draft for the Packers if Hockenson is gone.
13. Miami Dolphins: Clelin Ferrell (EDGE) Clemson: The Dolphins need a pass rush and this pick clearly could do that. Ferrell has a lot of talent and could become the face of this defense.
14. Atlanta Falcons: Greedy Williams (CB) LSU: The Falcons will look to improve on their defense and they must stop other teams passing games. The way to do that is get the best corner while they can. I believe it is a bit of a reach at 14 but it is their biggest need so they will make this pick here unless they can trade back some.
15. New York Jets (from projected trade): Brian Burns (EDGE) Florida State: The Jets trade back and get a great pick and gain picks to build their franchise better. Burns is going to be a phenomenal pick and player for the Jets, and for the sake of their organization I hope they make this pick.
16. Carolina Panthers: Andre Dillard (OL) Washington State: The Panthers MUST protect Cam Newton. He has been running for his life and having a hard time finding time to pass down the field. They must go offensive line with this pick. Dillard is the best available at this point.
17. New York Giants: Drew Lock (QB) Missouri: I believe Lock is the most talented QB in this class and the Giants would be foolish to take Jones as i believe he is far inferior. Lock could even sit a year or part of the year to learn from Eli. There wouldn’t be a need to rush him into the starting position. I love this pick and believe in it.
18. Minnesota Vikings: Garrett Bradbury (C) NC State: The Vikings need a center desperately and must grab one here. Bradbury is the best center in this draft class so they will make sure he doesn’t slip elsewhere.
19. Tennessee Titans: DK Metcalf (WR) Ole Miss: The Titans must give Mariota better targets to throw the ball to. Metcalf is the most overrated WR in this class as I believe his hands aren’t good enough to deem him the top WR but the NFL so called experts believe he is the top WR so he will be the first to go. He still could be a great WR, but i believe there is better but this is a need.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers: Byron Murphy (CB) Washington: The Steelers are desperately in need of a corner as they will have to stop the Browns offense somehow. Murphy would be the best with Greedy gone.
21. Seattle Seahawks: A.J. Brown (WR) Ole Miss: They gave Russell a nice contract now it is time to give him a nice shiny new weapon. I love AJ Brown and believe he is a must have talent in this draft. I would love to see him and Russell together.
22. Green Bay Packers (projected trade with the Ravens): Noah Fant (TE) Iowa: Jimmy Graham was a failed experience. The Packers haven’t won a super bowl since Rodgers had a reliable tight end and with Hockenson gone, Fant is easily the best TE in this draft left after Hockenson. They had to leapfrog Houston if they want this pick.
23. Houston Texans: Cody Ford (OL) Oklahoma: The Texans could have been better last year but they still haven’t addressed their terrible offensive line and this will be the time to do so. Ford is high on a lot of people’s lists and I think he will do well protecting DeShaun Watson.
24. Oakland Raiders (From Bears): DeAndre Baker (CB) Georgia: The Raiders must continue building their defense and adding to their secondary. They were a laughing stock last year all-around. Allen and Baker to start their picks would be huge.
25. Philadelphia Eagles: Nasir Adderley (Safety) Delaware: The Eagles need a safety more than anything else entering this draft though they are very weak at RB as well I believe they go with a safety here. Adderly is my number 2 safety and fits this system well.
26. Indianapolis Colts: Christian Wilkins (DL) Clemson: The Colts defense was impressive last year, but they need to add to that D-line and safety. I think there are top defensive lineman still available at #26 and they don’t let Wilkins slip through their fingers.
27. Oakland Raiders (From Cowboys): Dexter Lawrence (DL) Clemson: Three defensive picks all top 20 talents. The Raiders would become way more serious contenders if they pulled this off. I am no Raiders fan, but if I was a Raiders fan I would want this draft.
28. LA Chargers: Darnell Savage (Safety) Maryland: The Chargers lost Jaleel Addae this offseason and if they could add the leadership and intelligence that Darnell brings to a team to compliment Derwin they will be a defensive force. Darnell is my top safety and I believe he is a bonafide superstar.
29. Seattle Seahawks (Trade with the Chiefs): Rock Ya-Sin (CB) Temple: I love this guy and his name. Seriously though the Hawks need to add a corner and I know they really could look to replace Frank Clark. That being said Sin is too good to pass on and I believe he is an instant impact player. The Seahawks would be smart to take SIn here and call day one a complete success.
30. Baltimore Ravens (through projected trade with Packers): Erik McCoy (Center) Texas A&M: The Ravens offensive line has a gaping hole in the center and getting Lamar Jackson a new talented center would be a smart move. I like McCoy a whole lot and think this is who they would take at 22, but could still get here and gain a pick for moving back to get their target.
31. LA Rams: Jeffery Simmons (DL) Mississippi State: The Rams need to replace Suh here and SImmons can do so. He isn’t Suh good already, but in my opinion he can be better than Suh was in his prime. I really like this pick here.
32. New England Patriots: K’Neal Harry (WR) Arizona State: The Pats must add a new weapon for Brady with Gronk gone. K’Neal is my number 2 WR and I think they grab this monster to be his new shiny weapon. I love this pick to close day one of the draft. It makes the most sense. - Matt Koontz
In most years, I like to mock a few rounds, but given the strangeness that is the 2019 player pool (lots of great linemen, not so many great QBs and receivers), I'm sticking to a mock of the first round. No trades projected, but some teams to watch for trades are the Jets, who could move down, the Falcons who could move up for Ed Oliver, and the Seahawks, who could move down with one of their two first round picks to gather more draft picks. This year is going to be a wild ride, and Thursday night marks the start of a great defensive draft. Who falls where in the 1st? Here are my picks.--Mike B.
1) Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama. Arizona Cardinals.
2) Nick Bosa, edge, Ohio State. San Francisco 49ers.
3) Josh Allen, edge, Kentucky. New York Jets.
4) Ed Oliver, DT, Houston. Oakland Raiders.
5) Devin White, LB, LSU. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
6) Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama. New York Giants.
7) Cody Ford, OL, Oklahoma. Jacksonville Jaguars.
Montez Sweat,edge, Mississippi State. Detroit Lions.
9) Noah Fant, TE, Iowa. Buffalo Bills.
10) Drew Lock, QB, Missouri. Denver Broncos.
11) Devin Bush, LB, Michigan. Cincinnati Bengals.
12) TJ Hockenstein, TE, Iowa. Green Bay Packers.
13) Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma. Miami Dolphins.
14) Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan. Atlanta Falcons.
15) Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State. Washington Redskins.
16) Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida. Carolina Panthers.
17) Daniel Jones, QB, Duke. New York Giants
18) Clelin Ferrell, edge, Clemson. Minnesota Vikings.
19) Brian Burns, edge, Florida State. Tennessee Titans.
20) Greedy Williams, CB, LSU. Pittsburgh Steelers.
21) AJ Brown, WR, Ole Miss. Seattle Seahawks.
22) N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State. Baltimore Ravens.
23) Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State. Houston Texans.
24) DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss. Oakland Raiders
25) Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama. Philadelphia Eagles.
26) Byron Murphy, CB, Washington. Indianapolis Colts.
27) Irv Smith, TE, Alabama. Oakland Raiders.
28) Nassir Adderley, S, Delaware. LA Chargers.
29) Darnell Savage, S, Maryland. Seattle Seahawks.
30) Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson. Green Bay Packers.
31) Garrett Bradberry, C, NC State. LA Rams.
32) Will Grier, QB, West Virginia. New England Patriots.
Mike Bertasso and Matt Koontz will be posting on this page. Click here for more info about us!