NFL Power Rankings Week 5:
1.(1). Denver Broncos (4-0): The defending champs are 4-0, that is as good as it can be.
2.(4). Minnesota Vikings (4-0): Mike Zimmer is a genius and watching that team shut down Shepard, Odell, and Cruz just proved how good this team is. Could they be Super Bowl bound?
3. (3). Philadelphia Eagles (3-0): Coming off a bye week and well rested they could be even better if they got healthy during the week off.
4. (6). Pittsburgh Steelers (3-1): The Steelers lit up the Chiefs and just made Sunday night football an absolute embarrassment.
5. (2). New England Patriots (3-1): The Pats are still a top team they just got beat badly at home though and even without Brady that is an issue nonetheless. They never lose in Foxboro and to lose to the Bills without Sammy is just mind-blowing.
6. (5). Green Bay Packers (2-1): The Packers had a week of rest and should be back on track to their 13-3 or 12-4 possibilities. They will be tested defensively when they play the Giants on Sunday night this week.
7. (7). Seattle Seahawks (3-1): I think it was mind blowing that the Seahawks were such slim favorites this week against the Jets they are a dominant team.
8. (12). Cincinnati Bengals (2-2): The Bengals proved they can handle the spotlight this year and now with Burfict back this defense looks like it back alive.
9. (10). Houston Texans (3-1): The Texans need to find a way to stay healthy now more than ever since they lost JJ for the year. I think Will Fuller even as a rookie though could be a game changing player.
10. (11). Oakland Raiders (3-1): The Raiders are showing some skills on defense, they did well against the Ravens across the country in one tough stadium to play in. They Del Rio seems to have that defense back to where we thought it would be.
11. (13). Atlanta Falcons (3-1): The Falcons are a young defensive team with the offensive firepower that could take on any defense including Minnesota’s. The Falcons could be serious contenders soon if their defense continues to grow.
12. (18). LA Rams (3-1): With no offense they are still winning games. They are beating teams like Arizona and Seattle. This defense is incredible and their offense is just finding ways to score and move the ball. The Rams are impressing me, Jeff Fisher you keep doing you man.
13. (16). Dallas Cowboys (3-1): Zeke and company proved they can still win games without Dez and that was enough to impress me. The Cowboys are a good team offensively they just have to find a way to hold offenses down and play some defense.
14.(8). Baltimore Ravens (3-1): The Ravens really got lucky to even make the comeback against the Raiders in this game. They were down and out if it wasn’t for the big TD pass to Steve Smith. They need to find a more solid ground game and more consistencies from their WRs.
15. (14). New York Giants (2-2): If the Giants can get healthy on defense their team might be okay but the inability to even get one 100-yard receiver this weekend worries me considering the fire power this team has. Eli needs to really step up knowing they have no run game.
16. (25). Buffalo Bills (2-2): The Bills are high quality entertainment they suck for two weeks and then they beat two teams many considered to be possible Super Bowl contenders in back to back weeks, one of them on the road. I do not know what to make of the Bills.
17. (9) Kansas City Chiefs (2-2): The Chiefs are going to have to reset and set their mind straight after this horrible loss to the Steelers on Sunday night football.
18. (15). Arizona Cardinals (1-3): I can’t figure out how they are losing games, if you look at this team on paper you go holy crap they have to be 4-0 and then you see their record and say ummmm what? They better hope Carson Palmer comes back this weekend.
19. (27) Washington Redskins (2-2): The Skins are an offensive team with very little defense and I think this week in Baltimore they will pick up the loss but they do show some signs of being able to play a gritty game and get the win.
20. (17). Carolina Panthers (1-3): The Panthers defense is a joke an absolute joke and we could see the end of Ron Rivera if they don’t fix this team fast. I actually think they need to get Cam to stop running the ball as much as he does and really focus on getting his arm going and that deep game to Kelvin and Tedd Ginn flowing again this year.
21. (19). San Diego Chargers (1-3): Well they should be 2-2 but they by definition of the word choked away the game on Sunday as they had that one locked up and gave it away on turnovers. What a mess.
22. (28). New Orleans Saints (1-3): Yeah they got lucky the Chargers chocked but the Saints are still a team that can battle all game long and they aren’t as bad as their record insinuates.
23. (21). Tennessee Titans (1-3): The Titans just can’t get that offense going enough and I blame Mariota as well as their OC because he just isn’t making the play calls he needs to in order to get Mariota and Sharpe off the ground.
24. (26). Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3): The Jaguars are putting things together piece by piece. They will figure it out soon and they could be good enough to finish with 8 wins still this season.
25. (23). Indianapolis Colts (1-3): Eh the Colts are a bad team with the most overpayed QB and the most overhyped QB in the NFL. The defense itself is horrible and their ground game is a nightmare. The Colts shouldn’t be shocked if they finish 6-10 with this roster.
26. (24). New York Jets (1-3): I will continue to have no faith in this team until Ryan Fitzpatrick either learns what it looks like to throw no INTS in a game or until they bench him.
27. (22). Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-3): The Buccaneers are struggling mightily on defense and their offense turns the ball over it seems like almost every three series, I know that is a bit dramatic but when you watch NFL RedZone you hear more about them turning the ball over then you do scoring plays. It is ugly in Tampa.
28. (32). Chicago Bears (1-3): The Bears seemed to have played a decent game defensively and their offense did what was needed to beat the Lions in Chicago.
29. (20). Detroit Lions (1-3): Wow I really expected more out of this team this season. I think the Lions could wind up finishing last in their division.
30. (31). San Francisco 49ers (1-3): The 49ers battled with the Cowboys but still couldn’t beat the Dez-less Cowboys even in San Fran. This team is just not good looking in anyway.
31. (29) Miami Dolphins (1-3): The Dolphins are just falling all over themselves and we saw how bad they were against the Bengals on Thursday night and these guys are going nowhere anytime soon.
32. (30). Cleveland Browns (0-4): WOW they Browns defense probably couldn’t even stop me offensively by myself. This team is bad and they could be the worst team in the league. The two positives they have are Terrell Pryor and Cody Kessler are looking decent.
- Matt Koontz
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.