Week 5 Power Rankings: Power Rankings in parentheses are the rank I had them the previous week.
1. (1) New England Patriots: These guys on bye week didn’t lose a spot because nobody looked more dominant than these guys are week in and week out.
2. (2) Green Bay Packers: The Packers defense might have showed up on the road, I am not really sure to be honest because they played the worst starting QB in the NFL. Their offense is still as efficient as it gets and until they lose I won’t listen to an argument about them not being a top two team.
3. (4) Cincinnati Bengals: They were impressive again and continue to remain undefeated. I really think they could make some noise this year.
4. (5) Atlanta Falcons: These guys are just purely DOMINATE!!! THE FALCONS ARE THE REAL DEAL.
5. (8) Denver Broncos: This team impressed me finally. Their offense is still a really ugly thing to watch try and click but man their defense is as real as it gets.
6. (3) Arizona Cardinals: Look the Cardinals lost at home, yes. That being said they are still an amazing team. Every team loses one game here and there and they just got outmatched by a division rival.
7. (11) Carolina Panthers: It is this simple, they are 4-0 and are doing this with one of the worst two WR corps in the NFL. The Panthers are a legit team.
8. (10) Seattle Seahawks: They made Monday night’s game harder than they had to but they got the job done and continue to show what their team is like with Kam Chancellor.
9. (15) New York Jets: They bounced right back, went to England and pulled off an impressive domination of the Dolphins. The Jets could surprise many and battle at the top of this division.
10. (14) St. Louis Rams: The Rams beat the Cardinals in Arizona and showed the true arrival of Todd Gurley. The Rams might be here to stay near the top.
11. (7) Minnesota Vikings: Their loss was a good loss to have, they lost to Denver in Denver. It was nothing to be ashamed of. These guys are better than this if they can get AP to be consistent.
12. (12) Dallas Cowboys: Dallas slipped to 2-2 after a bad loss in OT. The Cowboys really had a bad ending of their game and fell apart. They aren’t a bad team but without Romo and Dez they are in trouble moving forward.
13. (6) Buffalo Bills: The Bills really played absolutely awful in Buffalo this weekend when they lost to the Giants. The Bills are a good team just looked like they lost something last week we shall see if that comes back.
14. (9) Pittsburgh Steelers: The Steelers slipped last week their run defense look atrocious. The Steelers are good but without Big Ben they don’t seem to be able to pass the ball well without him. They get Martavius Bryant back and that should help a good bit with their lack of progressive offense.
15. (19) New York Giants: They might be finally putting everything together. I really am excited to see where this team goes, up or back down.
16. (20). Indianapolis Colts: They barely beat the Jags, but they did it without Andrew Luck and their defense showed up which has been my biggest criticism of this team.
17. (22) San Diego Chargers: They won but struggled to win at home against the Browns. There is a lot to be said alone in that just due to all the talent this team has on their roster.
18. (26) Washington Redskins: The skins aren’t a good team but they went to 2-2 with a pretty impressive win over the Eagles last week.
19. (29) Baltimore Ravens: The Ravens finally won their first game and it was on the road in bitter rival Pittsburgh’s Heinz Field. They did this without Steve Smith Sr., Michael Companaro, and Crockett Gilmore at the end of the game. As long as the Ravens have Justin Tucker they have a hope so it seems.
20. (21) Cleveland Browns: The Browns moved up a spot in a loss because simply they almost beat the Chargers in San Diego and McCown actually looked good.
21. (18) Oakland Raiders: The last team without a losing record at 2-2, they are worse than I thought and that showed in a loss to the Bears.
22. (17) Tennessee Titans: These guys coming off a bye better have figured a way to put it all together because they can still catch their division leading Colts who are only 2-2.
23. (16) Kansas City Chiefs: The Chiefs have to be better than what we are seeing week in and week out.
24. (30) New Orleans Saints: The Saints finally won and they ended the Cowboys long unbeaten streak on the road.
25. (15) Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles are struggling to be consistent and are truly in a world of trouble. The Good news for them is the Cowboys and Giants are only 2-2 leading their division so they are still easily catchable.
26. (28) Jacksonville Jaguars: They are a bad team looking for anything they can to turn it around somewhere but it seems their talent just isn’t panning out.
27. (25) Detroit Lions: The Detroit Lions are looking to move past 0-4 soon but they don’t have 0-4 talent and I believe they will soon. They aren’t the worst team in the NFL they almost beat each team they have played they just seem to be getting out played late.
28. (24) Houston Texans: The Houston Texans are just lost on both sides of the ball. I can’t figure out what is going on with their defense that was supposed to be stellar. I have their defense in fantasy and wound up picking someone else up last week.
29. (27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: These guys lost at home to the Panthers who are undefeated but without many offensive threats. The Bucs need to get their defense improved and their offense just needs time to meld.
30. (31) Chicago Bears: The Bears finally won a game but are a really long way away from being a good team by any means. The Bears should be worried that they can’t get things going.
31. (23) Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are absolutely abysmal. Tannehill isn’t really impressive, their run game sucks, their defense is missing, and now they are coach-less.
32. (32) San Francisco 49ers: Yeah I don’t need to say much except wow these guys are absolutely pathetic. Worst QB in the NFL, worst team in the NFL, just a joke. Carlos Hyde is nothing special as I said he wouldn’t be. They need to give Gabbert the shot he deserves. The Niners suck end of story.
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.