Power Rankings Week 4:
1. New England Patriots. The Patriots seriously seem nearly unbeatable and will remain number one until they either lose or look less impressive than someone else.
2. Green Bay Packers. The Packers offense is lethal and their defense plays well enough to make this team a Superbowl team.
3. Arizona Cardinals. This team is legit, their offense is great under Carson Palmer while their defense to me is the best in the league. The Cardinals vs. Packers does happen this season, should be fun. The Cardinals have a 77 point differential.
4. Cincinnati Bengals. They are 3-0 and went into M&T Bank Stadium and beat a team that’s hard to beat at home in the Baltimore Ravens. Dalton looks good and AJ Green looks somehow better. The defense plays physical and on the ball, too much good for them to not be this high.
5. Atlanta Falcons. Dan Quinn could win best coach in football this year, he is taking a team a lot of people were betting against and making them contenders. Falcons are 3-0 and Matt Ryan and Julio now seem to have another weapon in Devonta Freeman.
6. Buffalo Bills. Look they might be 2-1 and there are a couple other 3-0 teams but the Bills lone loss this far is to the Patriots. The Bills defense is undeniably good and Tyrod Taylor isn’t just a good QB at this point he has now entered top 12 talks to me.
7. Minnesota Vikings. I again know there are other 3-0 teams but the Vikings are scarier than most would think. AP looks like his old self and Bridgewater is the franchise there. Now the defense can almost stop anyone passing on them except maybe Rodgers and Brady so I have a hard time not favoring them over the rest for this spot. The Vikings will be a playoff team their lone loss they just looked like they weren’t ready for the season to start.
8. Denver Broncos. I have a hard time even putting them here at 3-0 because their 3 wins are against some questionable teams. They have beat 2, 0-3 teams, their other win was a miracle win over a 1-2 team. I just have a hard time finding that impressive since they aren’t out there blowing anyone away.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers. The Steelers are in trouble at 2-1 if they don’t manage to win at least 3 of the games they will be playing without Big Ben because the Bengals don’t look to be slowing down. But for now I consider them top 10 because their defense is maturing fast and their offense got Bell back and will get Bryant back next week.
10. Seattle Seahawks. Yes they are 1-2 but they looked like themselves this weekend finally and that’s what matters because this is based off of more than their record. The Seahawks are going to be a title contender still just wait and watch.
11. Carolina Panthers. I know they aren’t impressively winning their games or anything but they are 3-0 without their top receiver and a receiving corps with guys who wouldn’t make it on most other rosters. The Panthers have won 2 games without the best linebacker in the sport, Luke Kuechley this team is capable of being scary good with a good WR and Luke Kuechly back.
12. Dallas Cowboys. I wish Weeden wasn’t their QB because he is dreadful. I am only keeping them top 15 because I think their O-line is so perfect that they will win games due to that alone.
13. Philadelphia Eagles. The Eagles looked like their potential this weekend and I am taking it that Chip Kelly isn’t going to let them slip here. I do feel crazy putting them this high after only one good game but I just saw the Eagles we expected to see all season so who knows.
14. St. Louis Rams. The Rams might be 1-2 but they beat Seattle and last weekend played an extremely good game and it was a defensive battle. They will be getting Gurley back here as a full time back now with no limitations and I think that will open things up for their offense.
15. New York Jets. I was convinced Todd Bowles had solved the Jets issues and I still am but I just think that the Eagles exposed some gaps in this team’s defense last week. I just wish this offense could do more it would make them a more exciting team.
16. Kansas City Chiefs. Yes they broke the streak of never getting a TD to a WR but for 50 minutes of the game of Monday night football they looked abysmal. This team needs to figure themselves out honestly.
17. Tennessee Titans. The Titans should be 2-1 and the Colts 0-3 but a rookie mistake from Mariota threw the game away and I will not say they are a worse team than anyone in their own division.
18. Oakland Raiders. I was impressed they went on the road and picked up a win in the dog pound. That being said though they still have more stuff to figure out as a team but as long as they have Amari Cooper they will be a dangerous offense.
19. New York Giants. Honestly isn’t much to say except Odell Beckham Jr and Eli make them good enough to be top 20.
20. Indianapolis Colts. I really think I am putting them to high honestly but so many teams look rough. I think if Andrew Luck stops playing like crap then they might deserve this spot but we will see.
21. Cleveland Browns. STOP USING MCCOWN AND LET JOHNNY FOOTBALL GUIDE YOU!!!! IF YOU DO THIS YOU WILL BE SO MUCH BETTER.
22. San Diego Chargers. LOL I remember when I had them going to the superbowl. I have no idea what is wrong with this team but they better wake up because they have the talent. Maybe they just miss Ben Beckwith’s positive energy that they were getting used to.
23. Miami Dolphins. What the heck happened to these guy’s. I mean I expected them to lose this weekend but not like that in Miami. There are bigger issues than we realize in this organization.
24. Houston Texans. This defense finally looked like it knew what it was supposed to do and the offense did what it needed to do. Alfred Blue showed up and they should be getting Foster back really soon.
25. Detroit Lions. This team looks like they are still suffering from an identity crisis. I really have no idea what is wrong with them I thought they would be better than this.
26. Washington Redskins. They need to figure out their QB situation I believe it’s time to give McCoy the chance to start I really don’t think Cousins is the answer.
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Oh yes Winston has saved this team moving them up 5 spots from where they finished last year. Honestly without Sefarian-Jenkins right now their offense looks to be missing something and they could use an improved o-line. Time will solve the Bucs.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars. 51-17 says it all. They are abysmal.
29. Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore is 0-3 for the first time in their franchise history. They have lost some games in unimpressive fashion. They have no defense what-so-ever and Joe Flacco keeps throwing interceptions. I think if they lose to Vick and go 0-4 they should fold up and go for #1 pick because they won’t make the playoffs at 0-4 to start the season.
30. New Orleans Saints. They are still looking for a win and they look bad doing so. I think they will need to cut ties with Sean Peyton at the end of this season and Rob Ryan.
31. Chicago Bears. The Bears are terrible their defense looked like they were ok against the Seahawks. The issue is, the Bears are letting Jimmy Clausen even play QB, he is absolutely awful. Bears fans hang in there.
32. San Francisco 49ers. Past 2 weeks, 43-18 and 47-7. I mean how much longer are you going to make your fans suffer through a QB who can’t get the job done with Boldin, Vernon Davis, and Torrey Smith as options along with Hyde as a RB? San Fran fans I am sorry but ESPN’s gay love for Kaepernick has clouded your organizations judgement. Give Gabbert a chance I guarantee you win more games that’s all I am saying. Kaepernick threw for only 67 yards in 60 minutes of football and threw 4 int’s. For the record Gabbert has never in his professional career had a game where he threw 4 int’s.
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.