Week 10 Power Rankings:
1. New England Patriots (7-1): Until they lose again they will remain number one in the power rankings.
2. Dallas Cowboys (7-1): They have surprised the world this year and they will continue to do so until they play a top 3 defense and they can slow down Zeke.
3. Atlanta Falcons (6-3): The Falcons are the best offense in the league, I can’t wait until they play the Saints again in week 17 to see the offenses explode. To me Matt Ryan is a true number one in the MVP race because this guy is proving why is a hall-of-fame QB.
4. Kansas City Chiefs (6-2): The Chiefs are a great team and Andy Reid is proving why he might be a HOF coach. The guy just knows how to coach any situation. Everyone talks about the Vikings without Bridgewater and AP but the Chiefs are still winning without Jamaal Charles and won both games with Foles at the helm. These guys are for real.
5. Oakland Raiders (7-2): They are entering the bye-week this week but they are on top of the stacked AFC West after picking up a good win over the Broncos Sunday night. I’m intrigued to see if they come out of the bye week the same way.
6. Seattle Seahawks (5-2-1): The Seahawks offense finally woke up but that could be just purely because Rob Ryan couldn’t coach a professional team to stop a DIII offense.
7. Denver Broncos (6-3): The Broncos are in a lot of trouble when it comes to the end of the year because their offense is horrible. That offense seriously needs a QB change and a solid convincing ground game. The Broncos defense can’t carry this team against teams like Oakland, Atlanta, and New England this year. They need help.
8. Detroit Lions (5-4): The Lions could be for real. I am not entirely sure but they are making a run at their division since the Packers and Vikings have been falling apart. It’s been ugly in their division and they could capitalize.
9. New York Giants (5-3): The Giants beat the Eagles and could grab a NFC Wild card spot and if they do I wouldn’t be surprised to see them make a run in the playoffs because that is just what Eli does in the post season.
10. Washington Redskins (4-3-1): The Skins as I said last week have a good offense and a capable defense. They might not be exciting to watch but the 8 total 3 and outs all season thus far has me impressed. Think about that the Broncos started Sunday night with 3 straight three and outs.
11. Houston Texans (5-3): The Texans need Osweiller to come out of the bye week and have picked up pace or they will just fall apart. If this team wants to win this division they need to really step up and find a true leader.
12. New Orleans Saints (4-4): The Saints are figuring things out and the 2 headed beast at RB is making a difference. Now their offense is even better than it was before and I truly didn’t know if they could reach another level. This team could sneak into the playoffs if they get a little help.
13. Minnesota Vikings (5-3): The Vikings offense has completely gone to sleep and the defense is getting exhausted simply by the fact that their offense can’t stay on the field.
14. San Diego Chargers (4-5): Melvin and Phillip both could be considered MVP candidate’s if they could just get some help defensively. The only issue facing the Chargers is they are riddled with injuries and they happen to be in the toughest division in football this season.
15. Green Bay Packers (4-4): They need to take the reigns off Aaron Rodgers and let this offense be under his control because it is time for McCarthy to go because this team can’t reach the Super Bowl again under him and Dom Capers. There is no way they should have been in the position they were in on Sunday against the Colts.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-4): The Steelers have a losing record under Tomlin when coming off a bye week and they also have a losing record when Ben is coming back after missing a game or more. I think the Steelers can turn it around now that both situations have passed. They just need to stay healthy now.
17. Philadelphia Eagles (4-4): The Eagles could be a great team but their run game is a mess and their WR’s are a nightmare. They have 3 guys who would be a number 3 on any other roster all pretending to be a number one. It wouldn’t hurt if they got a bigger more reliable target at TE. The defense isn’t to blame they are just exhausted from the offense barely moving the ball.
18. Indianapolis Colts (4-5): As much as I hate to admit it they impressed me Sunday against the Packers and they managed to do so without a ground game and just Vontae Davis on defense. This team is so hit or miss.
19. Tennessee Titans (4-5): I still think they could sneak into the top of this division if the Texans slip up because the Titans offense doesn’t turn the ball over in the red zone and their defense is solid with exception of last week.
20. Baltimore Ravens (4-4): Joe still has more INT’s than TD’s this year and their win against the Steelers didn’t really impress me except for their defensive performance. This defense could help them battle with Pittsburgh and Cincy this year.
21. Miami Dolphins (4-4): The Dolphins are getting a ground game and Tunsil is dominating on the O-line, honestly if he wasn’t an offensive lineman he could be considered rookie of the year. The Dolphins need Tannehill and the defense to really keep pace.
22. Cincinnati Bengals (3-4-1): The Bengals are coming off a bye and need to prove they are ready to roll and get to the top of their surprisingly weak division. They are sitting a game back with 4 games left against their division 3 of which being the Steelers and Ravens. They technically control their own destiny still.
23. Arizona Cardinals (3-4-1): The Cardinals are the biggest disappointment for me this season I really thought they were headed to the super bowl and going to walk out with a win. I don’t see them bouncing back to the top of their division so I guess we will see what they can muster.
24. Carolina Panthers (3-5): The Panthers have picked up 2 in a row and now they need to continue that momentum but their offense is still inconsistent and I am not convinced they will be able to.
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5): The Buccaneers have a lethal WR and their young QB is a good young talent and they could make some noise in the next two years.
26. Buffalo Bills (4-5): The Bills offense is for real under this new offensive coordinator and Tyrod is legit. The issue is, Rob Ryan coaches the defense and Rex is the head coach. They fix those issues this offseason and they could be headed to the top of this division to compete with the Patriots.
27. Chicago Bears (2-6): The Bears offense with Cutler and Howard could make some noise right now, not enough to win big games or get a winning record, but they will looked improved.
28. LA Rams (3-5): Somebody want to wake Jeff Fisher and his offense up because they have been missing for weeks now. The Rams are seriously in trouble and should just throw in the towel on this season and get Jared Goff some time at QB.
29. New York Jets (3-6): Eh lets hope they give Bryce Petty or Hackenburg the opportunities at this point because they are done. Their offense is bad and their passing defense can’t slow down anyone. The Jets are bad.
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6): I never wanted to say this but it is time to rid themselves of Gus Bradley he isn’t ready for the head coaching gig. This team has a lot of young talent and it should be moving up not downwards.
31. San Francisco 49ers (1-7): The 49ers defense can’t stop toddlers from running against them and they can’t slow down the passing game much either. If the Niners want to win they need Carlos Hyde back and for him to do the heavy lifting.
32. Cleveland Browns (0-9): I thought Hue Jackson was going to make this team better. I am seriously disappointed in this team. Sorry Cleveland you can’t get worse then 32nd in defense and you hold a firm grip on that stat.
- -- Matt Koontz
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.