Power Rankings Week 4: The Number to the left will be the ranking for this week the number in parentheses will be their rank last week. ESPN’s rankings showed they still play favorites based off their horrible power rankings.
1. (3). Denver Broncos (3-0): Their QB showed up last week and semi-impressed me but I mean how can the reigning champs not be number one at this point until they get beaten and this defense gets beat they should stay top dogs.
2. (1). New England Patriots (3-0): They dominated the Texans last week and it seems weird I dropped them one but the only thing I had against the Broncos was Trevor not seeming like he could lead that team and he did that last week. The Pats do get Brady back following this week.
3. (5). Philadelphia Eagles (3-0): The Eagles defense under Jim Schwartz as the defensive coordinator is absolutely amazing. Wentz has proven to be better than a normal rookie QB this early in the season. The Eagles are a scary team and they could be the best team in the NFC and top 2 in the league. We shall see when they get tested by Minnesota later this season.
4. (11). Minnesota Vikings (3-0): The Vikings are so impressive and their defense is stellar. Their offense still worked well even without AP and that was the one thing I doubted coming into this week. This team under Mike Zimmer is ready to defend the new stadium.
5. (7). Green Bay Packers (2-1): The Packers offense finally exploded last week and showed that Aaron Rodgers can be Aaron Rodgers still. The Packers are serious contenders if this offense can roll they will stay true title contenders.
6. (4). Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1): The Steelers are a good team and they get Le’Veon Bell back. Their defense has been horrible thus far this year but they will continue to grow. The Steelers one loss doesn’t put them outside of contention talk. Still probably the best team in the AFC North.
7. (9). Seattle Seahawks (2-1): I am seeing people say that they don’t belong in the top 10 because they lost to the Rams, well they always struggle against their division rival Rams. The Seahawks just absolutely dismantled the 49ers this weekend. The Seahawks if they can stay healthy at QB this year could bring another title back to Seattle.
8. (13). Baltimore Ravens (3-0): The Ravens are the worst 3-0 team left but they did manage to squeak out a win again. All 3 of their wins however should have been losses with all honesty and that worries me. I think the Ravens will have their hands full against Oakland this week even in Baltimore. This should show some signs of this team’s true destination for this season.
9. (17). Kansas City Chiefs (2-1): The Chiefs defense just absolutely demolished the Jets offense and if this defense plays like this they are going to be just fine. The Chiefs really impressed last week.
10. (2) Houston Texans (2-1): No JJ Watt this team just lost their leader. They could be in trouble going forward or they could prove they are resilient. We shall see.
11. (16) Oakland Raiders (2-1): They figured things out defensively so it seems and Derek Carr is looking like a future star. These guys will be okay and Jack Del Rio is finally proving he is a good coach.
12. (10). Cincinnati Bengals (1-2): The Bengals need to learn how to beat the top teams if they want to survive and move on. They need to also prove they can win in primetime for once and this Thursday night they will be tested even at home knowing it’s a primetime game.
13. (18). Atlanta Falcons (2-1): Never thought I would say this but OFFENSE OFFENSE OFFENSE on a Dan Quinn team. They have the scariest 2 headed run game I have seen since Earth, Wind, and Fire in New York.
14. (8). New York Giants (2-1): The Giants lost to the Skins and I just can’t figure out how that happened and I really worry about the incontinences from Odell and Eli.
15. (6) Arizona Cardinals (1-2): I mean they lost to Buffalo, need I say more. This defense needs a serious wake up call.
16. (20). Dallas Cowboys (1-2): They really didn’t accomplish much by beating the Bears but Dak looked good and maybe it gave him the confidence he needed moving forward.
17. (14). Carolina Panthers (1-2): The Panthers are in serious trouble if they don’t find their rhythm fast, the good news for them is they have the weakest division in football.
18. (28). LA Rams (2-1): The worst of the 2-1 teams though I will say they seemed to find their offense and Gurley started to look almost like Gurley. Maybe all the doubters of my boy Jeff Fisher will go silent soon.
19. (12). San Diego Chargers (1-2): This defense looked like it would hold up until last week and now I think they still are a year or two from being contenders again for the division. Plus my Wisconsin boy Melvin Gordon seemed to find it hard to run against the worst defense in the league, the first week without Woodhead and that worries me.
20. (19). Detroit Lions (1-2): No game in Lambeau Field is easy. That was just proof they aren’t as good as the Packers doesn’t meant they aren’t still a decent team. Still a little bit more rebuild needed for the Lions though.
21. (21). Tennessee Titans (1-2): They played well against the Raiders and just came up short I think they are still a team that could finish top 2 of their weak division though.
22. (15). Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2): This team was supposed to have a solid defense but their just an offense only team and against Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, and Drew Brees 6 times a year that is just not good for them.
23. (25). Indianapolis Colts (1-2): Still no defense and I hear rumblings that if they lose in London this week we will see the dismissal of Chuck Pagano. They could be a team in shambles.
24. (22). New York Jets (1-2): RYAN FITZPATRICK IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!! The Jets are figuring this out now I believe.
25. (31). Buffalo Bills (1-2): They dominated the Cardinals when they were heavy underdogs. Their new offensive coordinator did look good though leading this offense forward.
26. (24). Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2): They should have beat the Ravens and I still firmly believe they
will rebound and finish about 8-8 they are a good team just struggling early.
27. (29). Washington Redskins (1-2): I am far from convinced in the offense and Kirk Cousins, even their defense is a giant question mark.
28. (23). New Orleans Saints (0-3): The Saints are just losing games by the skin of their teeth. They will figure it out and get moving forward. It isn’t Drew’s fault at all, I do want to see more consistencies from Brandin Cooks.
29. (27). Miami Dolphins (1-2): The Dolphins should have lost to the Browns in Miami this weekend but Cody Parkey couldn’t kick a field goal to save his life and it gave the Dolphins a win. They are a terrible team.
30. (32). Cleveland Browns (0-3): Cody Kessler looks like he could be the Browns QB moving forward they just need to show up on special teams and this team could have won their first game under Hue Jackson.
31. (26). San Francisco 49ers (1-2): EMBARRASED is how you say what just happened to the 49ers defense. They are in a world of trouble and people can blame Gabbert until they are blue in the face but he isn’t the problem with this team.
32. (30). Chicago Bears (0-3): The Bears could go a while without seeing their first win this season. I really think they are in trouble but the one positive is that they saw more from Kevin White than they have the past 2 weeks.
- Matt Koontz
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.