Power Rankings Week 9
1. (1) New England Patriots: Do I really need to say anything… I am starting to think they will finish 19-0.
2. (3) Cincinnati Bengals: The Bengals are great, their offense is awesome and their defense is stellar. I can’t wait to see the Bengals in the post season in primetime.
3. (5) Denver Broncos: This defense might be the best I have seen since the 2000 Ravens.
4. (4) Carolina Panthers: They just keep winning and that defense is the real reason for their success this season.
5. (2) Green Bay Packers: I always say every team has a bad week. The Packers better hope last week on the road was their bad week because this week they get the Panthers in Carolina.
6. (8) Arizona Cardinals: They could win the NFC West and I truly believe are Super Bowl talent.
7. (9) Minnesota Vikings: This team defines a balanced team…. They are all around a good team, not great yet in any categories but they are good everywhere.
8. (6) Atlanta Falcons: Two loses….. One to an improving Saints team in New Orleans and the other well was in Atlanta to the Buccaneers. It took a lot not to drop them further but I will give them this week to prove they haven’t stalled.
9. (12) St Louis Rams: Jeff Fisher has finally gotten his talent healthy and the development process is really taking off now. The best thing to happen to the Rams though is the young beast Todd Gurley as he is carrying this team solo.
10. (15) Oakland Raiders: Derek Carr and this Raiders team are the surprise of the year. They are one of 11 teams above .500 and they might be good enough to battle up here.
11. (7) New York Jets: The last team above 500 and they are another one of those surprising teams. They are coached by a genius but losing Ryan Fitzpatrick might be the doom of their season if Geno doesn’t show what he did in the preseason. This weekend will be the telling story.
12. (17) New Orleans Saints: This offense has EXPLODED and until someone shuts down Brees and Co. I am not seeing them drop anytime soon.
13. (10) Pittsburgh Steelers: They had the chance to go top 5 with the return of Big Ben but now with the loss of Le’Veon Bell I have them going the other way.
14. (14) Seattle Seahawks: These guys are struggling to find their way still but their defense does what it takes to get the job done.
15. (20) Buffalo Bills: The Bills have Tyrod back and I think he is going to bring their offense the spark again and this team will blow up. Watch out AFC here come the Bills!!
16. (11) New York Giants: The Giants have 0 defense and their run game seems to be lacking their punch. I like them though and think they will battle the Eagles well.
17. (16) Philadelphia Eagles: The Eagles are back from bye week and I think they will pick up where they left off, on a resurgence.
18. (18) Washington Redskins: The Redskins have a good defense with an offense struggling to find their consistencies. I really am not sure how they will finish but they are a decent team.
19. (24) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs are improving fast and I believe THIS week they will get ASJ back. I think Winston has finally started to find himself and has learned the ropes a bit and is coming to show the NFL why he was taken before Mariota.
20. (13) Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins are back and forth and this week the slaughter they took from the Patriots, HOLY WOW they better get back in it soon.
21. (23) Kansas City Chiefs: I mean they did play the Lions but they slaughtered Detroit in London. That game wasn’t pretty and it showed how good this team’s talent can be if everything is clicking.
22. (21) Dallas Cowboys: I think this team is going to bounce back strong real soon and I think they are better than some of the other teams around them in overall record.
23. (19) Indianapolis Colts: This team is TERRIBLE yet they might win their division even with an under .500 record. The Colts stink and Andrew Luck might have topped out at his highest point already.
24. (28) Houston Texans: The Texans are a TERRIBLE team as well and they are able to battle in this division due to the fact that the best team in their division is 3-5 like them.
25. (26) Chicago Bears: Eh they are a bad team but could get up to 6 wins possibly this season. I am not entirely convinced of that though. This is crunch time for them and John Fox to turn them around.
26. (27) Jacksonville Jaguars: Just it is time to focus on fixing this O-line and go from there. Then fix their lack of receiving and let’s see where this team goes from there.
27. (25) Cleveland Browns: The Browns are going to battle for the first pick overall their defense is falling apart, they have no QB’s, and their run game is terrible.
28. (32) Baltimore Ravens: This spot is tough because their defense is terrible, their QB is just not one to get it done, and their receivers just lost Steve Smith Sr. I am not sure how they are going to get many more wins but Justin Tucker can at least get them 2 more.
29. (22) San Diego Chargers: They are terrible no offense in the red zone their O-line is beat up. Their run game can’t get going because of their O-line not existing. Their defense doesn’t do anything at all and they are going to get run over. Now Rivers has lost Keenan Allen and that spells bad news for these guys.
30. (31) San Francisco 49ers: They are giving Gabbert a shot and they could actually see the reward for this decision.
31. (29) Tennessee Titans: They better hope they get Mariota back soon because they are just absolutely terrible.
32. (30) Detroit Lions: OK just fire Jim Caldwell and pack it up because your whole team is a complete mess. The Lions are completely the worst team in the NFL.
Sports give us as the human race something to cheer for and support and give hope to all of us.